Fertilizer: It is a product containing one or more plant nutrients which is designed for use in promoting plant growth. Fertilizers enhance the natural fertility of the soil or replace the chemical elements taken from the soil by harvesting, grazing, leaching or erosion.
Bejafta Fertilizer Process Description
The raw materials required (Urea, MOP, DAP and Lime) are transferred from the warehouse and properly stacked for production. The first unit processes involves charging of the raw materials via conveyor to the lumbuster (crusher). The lumbuster which is assembled to a bucket elevator transfer the materials by chute to specific bins hopper. The six (6) bins have the capacity to store more than 5tons, as the formula weights are calculated and weighed quantities of the raw materials is taken from the respective bins. The materials are then discharged to the weighing hopper, as the quantity fixed for the batch is filled, the discharged gate is open and the inlet valve closes. From the weighing hopper, the raw materials are fed to the rotary drum mixer directly, when the materials have been added for the desired mix formulation, the mixer drum is rotated to achieved a uniform mixture and the blended mixture are discharged to the vent-hopper (bulk totter). The blended mix from the vent hopper is transferred via a flight chain conveyor to the bagging hopper for packing of finished product. The bagging system comprises of bagging hopper, weighing scale and packing machine. The product are packed in 50kg bags and conveyed to warehouse for storage.
Bejafta Chemical is into blending of various fertilizers like NPK 20-10-10, NPK 15-15-15, NPK 12-12-17+2%MgO and any specification required by its customer. Bejafta produce a high quality blended NPKs based on size, moisture, chemical compatibility and density matched ingredients.
Properly blended NPK e.g Bejafta Fertilizer (NPK 20-10-10)
NPK 20-10-10 Fertilizer, Our new formulated NPK 20-10-10 can be applied to various grains and vegetables.
- NPK 15-15-15 Fertilizer, this is a general purpose fertilizer, which is suitable for all crops. It contains 15% each of Nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium.
Basic Nutrients requirement:
- Primary plant nutrients (macro nutrients): these are nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- Secondary plant nutrients (micronutrients): These are calcium, magnesium and Sulphur.
- Other trace elements: they are boron, manganese, iron, zinc, copper, Molybdenum and chlorine.
There are two broad categories of fertilizer;
* Mineral fertilizer: NPK 15-15-15, NPK 20-10-10 etc
* Organic fertilizer: various types of compost
- Mineral or inorganic fertilizer: a material in which the declared nutrients are in form of inorganic salts obtained by extraction and / or by physical and/or chemical industrial processes.
- Organic fertilizer: fertilizer material of animal and/or plant origin.
Other basic definitions with respect to Mineral fertilizer are;
* Compound fertilizer: fertilizer having a declarable content of at least two of the primary plant nutrients, (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium) obtained chemical or by mixing, or both. Both complete and complex fertilizers are compound fertilizer.
Note: most compounded fertilizes are single grain.
* Mixed fertilizer: a product obtained by mixing different fertilizer intermediate and containing more than one of three fertilizer nutrients, nitrogen, phosphorus and soluble potassium.
NPK rating (or N-P-K) is used to label fertilizer based on the relative content of the chemical elements nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) that are commonly used in fertilizers. The three elements promote plant growth in three different ways. In simple terms, these are:
N – Nitrogen
- Promotes the green colour (chlorophyll) and increases leaf size.
- Promotes growth rate, final yield and increases protein content.
P – Phosphorus
- Promotes root and shoot growth
- Helps plants to become established early in the season and encourages maturity.
K – Potassium
- Promotes flowering, fruiting and general hardiness.
- Renders crops more resistant to drought and disease and improves the quality of the produce.
Bejafta Agro allied Services:
- Agric consulting
- Agric farms
- Agricultural Equipment
- Fertilizer, manufacturing and sales
- Installation and maintenance of fertilizer blending plant
- Fabrication and maintenance of plants.